Farmhand F258

brent!

New User
I have an Oliver 1850 tractor and I have a neighbor that has a Farmhand F258 loader and a John Deere 46A loader he says he would sell a loader if I wanted it. Does anyone know if one of those loaders would fit that tractor. I have looked for information on the loaders and cannot find any. I have also called my local dealers and asked this question and was not able to get an answer. Thanks for any information.
 
I have an Oliver 1850 tractor and I have a neighbor that has a Farmhand F258 loader and a John Deere 46A loader he says he would sell a loader if I wanted it. Does anyone know if one of those loaders would fit that tractor. I have looked for information on the loaders and cannot find any. I have also called my local dealers and asked this question and was not able to get an answer. Thanks for any information.
I would say neither of those loaders will be a direct bolt on project. You would need to measure and determine fit around the tractor to see which would be best matched. From there you will be fabricating mounts and possibly modifying the loader frame to make it work. I doubt John Deere made a mount kit to put their loader on the Oliver. Farmhand might have, but I expect no new parts would be available now.
 
The only way that either loader would be a direct bolt on fit, is if it was removed from an Oliver 1850 or other similarly-sized Oliver tractor. I don't know how Oliver frames work, but I'd guess that an 1800 or 1855 would for sure be on the list. Possibly the 1700, 1750, 1755, 1900, 1950, 1955, but that's just a guess.

That Farmhand may be more of a universal fit, at least from the factory, and would have included brackets that allowed adjustment and fit different bolt patterns. You'd have to look at your tractor and look at the loader mounts. For sure the Deere would not fit anything but a Deere unless the owner modified the brackets.
 
I agree with what others have said. It is going to be a project for you to make mounts for either. My experience with both companies is that the John Deere will be better built. Every Farmhand loader I have ever seen should have been sold with a welder.
 
I have an Oliver 1850 tractor and I have a neighbor that has a Farmhand F258 loader and a John Deere 46A loader he says he would sell a loader if I wanted it. Does anyone know if one of those loaders would fit that tractor. I have looked for information on the loaders and cannot find any. I have also called my local dealers and asked this question and was not able to get an answer. Thanks for any information.
Steer clear of the 46A, a very light duty loader, have one on a 3020 because it was free and only free. The F258 would be a great match to your tractor, but would only mount to the front tub, which you might want mounts that go to the rear axle.
 
Thank you for your responses. I probably will just leave things as they are sounds like it is more trouble than it is worth with the loaders that my neighbor has.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top