Ferguson Moldboard Plow

On my MF 35 with 14.9 by 24" rear tires, I have a Ferguson 2 furrow plow type 10-AO-40 with a #10H-AO 110 moldboard, and 15 1/2" coulters. The 9" jointers and the moldboard extensions are missing. With the top link (center to center) set at 26" and the right lift link (center to center) at 21 1/2" I plowed a 4" deep by 12" wide furrows. The coulters are 1/2" left of the shares and 1" higher. The plow cross shaft on the left side measures 9 7/8" from the beam to the shoulder. I thought this was a 10" bottom, why am I cutting a 12" wide furrow? Running my right front tire tight to the side of previous left side furrow, my next 2 furrows don't land close enough to the previous plowing. What Am I doing wrong? Thanks, newbie to plowing!

Hi John if your plough is set up for 10 inch furrows you need 40inchs between the rear wheels of the tractor so you come right for the finishing furrow. Forget about the cross-shaft LH measurement and do all you measurements from the RH side and try pushing your cross-shaft into the plough frame on the RH side. Also your tyres are to wide for a 10inch plough they need to be 11x28s. MJ.

I knew my tires would complicate things. I believe there always is way to make things work out. One just has to be creative! Thanks for the suggestions. But why is the furrows 12" wide when it's a 10" bottom plow?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back