Filler cap on transmission

Joe Auenson

New User
Am I crazy or is there more than one cap for the tranny? I bought one and its a screw thread but mine is just a two lug, 1/4 turn type. Is this just a radiator cap? or a special diameter?
 
(quoted from post at 14:01:00 09/15/08) Am I crazy or is there more than one cap for the tranny? I bought one and its a screw thread but mine is just a two lug, 1/4 turn type. Is this just a radiator cap? or a special diameter?

I see no evidence of insanity :wink: The very late models used the 1/4 turn lug style cap. Earlier models used the threaded plug.

TOH
 
(quoted from post at 14:10:24 09/15/08) Now, TOH The wife disagrees with you. Is that cap anything special?

Wives tend to have a prejudiced viewpoint about many aspects of their husband's - mental state being only one....

As for the cap I can't speak with any authority - I know it was changed but I've never seen one in the flesh.

TOH
 
I think the cap is more like a gas tank cap . Post an ad here & over on the ntractor site . Someone should have one . HTH ! God bless, Ken
 
(quoted from post at 15:40:08 09/15/08) Thanks so much, guys. I'm glad to know there was a difference and I'm not crazy

8Ns had the same cap as far as I can tell the one like a gas cap kind of.

[b:fc9c50af82]Messicks shows:[/b:fc9c50af82]
COVER, CAP
Plug or Cap, Transmission, Filler, 8N Only, Years: 01/01/1948-12/31/1952
8N7485
$61.04 Avail in 3-5 business days

http://www.external_link


[b:fc9c50af82]nnalert shows[/b:fc9c50af82]
Category > Transmission
8N 7485 - $12
Years: 1948-57
Cap (Transmission Filler) Uses Gasket Part # 8N 7037

Category > Transmission
8N 7037 - $0.75
Years: 1948-52
Transmission Fill Cap Gasket

http://www.external_link/index1.htm

I think I would buy from nnalert.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top