Final days of summer weather

J Hamilton

Sunny and upper 80's the next few days, rain and cooler temps by the end of the week, highs in the 60's expected for the weekend. Harvest is in full swing today in many places, a few fields were getting the last cutting raked and bailed, many people doing their final grass mowing, and leaves are getting ready to change colors. It's a beautiful day for a drive listening to classic country music, I meant hard at work in my 'mobile office' lol
cvphoto164106.jpg

cvphoto164107.jpg

cvphoto164108.jpg

Harvest is in full-swing in MN now too.

A week ago, I was in the western part, at Marshall, MN... and they already had a lot of bare fields out there.

We are suppose to get a shot of fall weather (lows mid 50's high about 80) by the end of the week.
That is about 3 weeks early for us.

There might be a field or 2 of beans and or corn still in the field but I have not seen any.
On the other hand sugar cane farmers are going at it full blast.
They finished planting next years crop in August and started harvest of this years crop early September. They will go at it rain or shine 7 days a week hopefully finishing up before the first of the year. I see some out in the fields at 2am when I go by.
Takes a while to harvest 2000 acres when you doing it with a harvester on tracks and can only harvest 1 row in a pass.

Right around here nothing has started yet. Probably next week I'll see some after it drys out. Supposed to get 4 days of rain starting Thursday. I have about 50-80 acres getting real close still some leaves on them yet. Some still green as a gourd yet too. Corn is not ready yet no dry leaves and ears still pointing up. Green husks too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back