Finally got the Gasboy pump primed

I had made a thin paper gasket without any luck. Today while it was warm 55 degrees, I screwed out the anti ??? plug and pumped in alot of motor oil in the hole.
Cranked and cranked , and here came diesel fuel all over my coat.

Thanks guys for all your ideas. My MF 240 is now full and I graded the lane

Thanks Robert in Md.
 
I had made a thin paper gasket without any luck. Today while it was warm 55 degrees, I screwed out the anti ??? plug and pumped in alot of motor oil in the hole.
Cranked and cranked , and here came diesel fuel all over my coat.

Thanks guys for all your ideas. My MF 240 is now full and I graded the lane

Thanks Robert in Md.
so are u saying u just had to prime it with oil?
 
I had made a thin paper gasket without any luck. Today while it was warm 55 degrees, I screwed out the anti ??? plug and pumped in alot of motor oil in the hole.
Cranked and cranked , and here came diesel fuel all over my coat.

Thanks guys for all your ideas. My MF 240 is now full and I graded the lane

Thanks Robert in Md.
I am happy to hear you got your pump primed. Sorry I forgot to tell you about making sure the plug was back in tight before cranking the handle.Hopefully yours doesn't loose prime again. Mine will loose prime after a hour. I will get mine figured out this spring.
 
I am happy to hear you got your pump primed. Sorry I forgot to tell you about making sure the plug was back in tight before cranking the handle.Hopefully yours doesn't loose prime again. Mine will loose prime after a hour. I will get mine figured out this spring.
I have had this pump for 40 plus years and this is the first time it lost prime. Probably because I,ve had alot of medical problems the last year and did,t use that tractor much. Mostly used my Super A and my grandfathers A.

Thanks Again Robert in Md.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top