Firestone Field and Road

Married2Allis

Been looking at rear tires and usually buy cheaper tires to save $$. But I'd like to get something American-made like Firestones. I thought the FS 16.9-34 rears were available in the Field and Road and it appears that the Field and Road line is really discontinued (and can't get 16.9-34 in SAT II). I called a tire dealer and he said that his supplier may still be able to get them. Has anyone been able to get the FS Field and Road rears?

Firestone hasn't made the Field & Road now for the better part of 10 years... I'm fairly certain you can get the SAT II in that size or something similar to the SAT II. If you want the F&R pattern you can get that from Galaxy although I forget the model of the tire. Those are most likely Chinese tires... Other option is to go with a Firestone SAT radial. I'm sure that will be available in your size or the metric equivalent...

Rod

I just checked a couple of my old suppliers they don't show any firestones in that size. One does show titans but did not have any in stock.. All I see are made in Isreal or Mexico.

Not cheap but they would pull like no bias F&R ever could. They would still have good resale value in 10 years if not damaged.

The galaxy tires I sold were made is south Africa, I don't remember having any problem with them.

I always found that Galaxy generally had a good carcass... they just didn't wear that great over the long haul. If the tire is going to rot off before it wears off then they generally were the best value tire... but if all out performance and wear resistance was the goal then a Firestone radial is basically where it's at..

Rod

16.9-34 Firestone field and road is
$850.00 here, I also just bought a pair of
firestone field and road 12.4-38 new. All
made in usa, all have 2015 date codes on
them. The 12.4's were less money than
titan's for some reason or another too.

Thanks for the information Matt! This is what I suspected. The dealers I've talked to will call me back and act like it's a special order from their suppliers. For $850 FS is really making it hurt. Don't understand why FS can't offer 16.9-34 in the SAT II's which have been around since 1991. The next size 18.4-34 seem much bigger than the 16.9s which I thought were a fairly popular size.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back