Float assembly for 15/30

Does anyone know where I can either buy the carb or the correct proper float assembly for my 15/30 mccormick deering tractor?? Frank at Rice has a couple but one is to long,the other to short. I cannot get the one I have set to stop the gas from running over the outside tube in carb??? It says its a 1704 D on top bowl but or I should say inside the screw on cap?? Any help would be MUCH appreciated and for some reason,I cannot get this site to notify me when I have a reply so will check back often. Thnks

Fordson house has them float assembly no lever , one is brass and one is cork for non eythnol , fill them and see if they got what you want.

Is that the Ensign carb? I have one on a 10/20 and had a hard time with the cork float flooding after it was used for a year or so.
So I got a brass float and installed it. Had to set it much lower than the cork one or as you say would over flow the stem.
It Does run good with much less fuel in the bowl but have not worked it hard to see how it would react. I didn't get all scientific with this
but brass and cork don't float the same so you need to make changes in the way you adjust it. oldiro29

Thnks for the reply,I have changed the heigth up and down so many times and still runs over the top?? I am at a total lose on this at present. Fordson house has nothing so thats out. Just wondering if anyone has a good carb for this or??

Suggestion ,for what that , if I assume the seat is pitted from corrosion or damage. I would try a auto machine shop and recut the seat . We did that on
the Fordson . Works good . Not knowing you access to tools for cutting seats . We have access to them so it is worth mentioning anyway good.
May also require lapping to finish the surface,which we can do .to seat the needle for seal .

Don-I would try a float from a Briggs and Stratton engine, before I
would buy a new carb. You would need to solder it to your current
float arm. Try to stay away from cork floats. As others have said, I
usually have to set the float level quite a bit lower than spec, to
keep it from flowing over. Before you reinstall the card, make sure it
isn't hanging up on the side of the bowl, or on the center tube.

I dont find anything wrong with the brass float{not that I can see anyway},no leaks ,just that cant find proper the setting? I really believe its the needle and seat but cant find the right one at present. Thanks for all the responses,I am NOT giving up on this critter as the rest of the tractor is in very good shape.

Don, I would say your needle is not seating. take a little valve grinding compound and spin the needle into the seat and see if you can get a
better seal. It will take some work but you have to get the float, needle and seat correct and working or you don't have a working carb
at all. oldiron29

AS Loren said it is a brass float from a Briggs and Stratton engine/carb solider onto a former cork arm.
I had Darrell Alderson made the floats up for me at a very fair price. I had many Regulars and 10-20's
I think I had 4 made up two different times.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back