Fluids for 977H

bulletpruf

New User
I recently picked up a 977H. It's an earlier model with dry steering clutches and lever steer.

I'm going to top off all the fluids for now and wanted to ensure I picked up the correct stuff from Napa.

Engine: regular 30W engine oil

Clutch Booster/"Hydraulic Steering Clutch Control": 30W engine oil

Hydraulic System: AW32 hydraulic oil

Final Drives: 90W gear oil (same viscosity as 50W engine oil)

Power Shift Transmission: 30W engine oil?

Thanks!

Scott

IMG_1383.jpg

I would do everything the same except I would buy thicker hydraulic fluid, unless you're in a very cold climate. For an older machine you get slower internal bleed down with thicker oil plus better metal to metal protection. For older high hour machines I use AW68 hydraulic oil.

I had 3 977 loaders, the last one was an H series. I had a side dump bucket for digging ditches and log forks and a winch with arch for logging and pulling out the C-6 Euclid when I got it stuck. I welded on 1/2" X 2" flat to the grousers for more traction. Looked more like this one....James

I recently picked up a 977H. It's an earlier model with dry steering clutches and lever steer.

I'm going to top off all the fluids for now and wanted to ensure I picked up the correct stuff from Napa.

Engine: regular 30W engine oil

Clutch Booster/"Hydraulic Steering Clutch Control": 30W engine oil

Hydraulic System: AW32 hydraulic oil

Final Drives: 90W gear oil (same viscosity as 50W engine oil)

Power Shift Transmission: 30W engine oil?

Thanks!

Scott

View attachment 72092
Cat now recommends there td-4 oil in all hydraulic gear boxes--even old machines

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back