Food Plots and deer.

GordoSD

Wrapping up the Whitetail hunting here in Eastern SD. Only antlerless deer for youth hunters nad muzzleloaders open and those seasons close today.
A little problem this year. Last Monday I killed what I thought was a doe but it was a year and a half old buck that had shed his antlers.
Yesterday the neighbor and his son went out to the food plot to hunt. I gave them good binocs and said "look the deer over close for the scars fron antlers on the forehead".
Sure enough thay came back in less than an hour with another year and a half old buck. One antler off maybe 5 days, the other one dropped probably within last 24 hours.
Usually I see buck with antlers as late as early March. What's the situation where you all live? I've glassed over 400 deer in the past 10 days, perhaps the same ones more than a few times, but have not seen any horns at all.

Gordo

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back