Ford 1300 Build/Maintenance Log

sasdakota

New User
I picked up a 79' Ford 1300 4wd with a Schwartz 1200 loader locally. It it is in pretty rough shape but Everything worked and I like a project so here goes.

Repairs List:
1) The bucket tilt cylinders need new dust seals & packing, the chrome on the rod looks to be in good shape.
2) A hardline has a small crack next to fitting, I suspect PO didn't double wrench when tightening. (brazing)
3) Hydraulic system has water in it so that needs to be dealt with
4) Front axle has fore-aft play when steering. (is there a bushing for this)
5) General lube and filter changes are needed
6) New Tacho/Hour meter (anyone have some insite here?)
7) Headlights sometimes work (switch?)
8) Horn does not work

1,2,3 Will be done all at the same time for obvious reason.

It is quite a bit down on power compared to a family members Ford 1000 (16hp vs 25hp). I found a turbo that looks like it may bolt on where the muffler is. An engine swap does not seem worth while but a few hours of fab work and a turbo would be a nice bump in power.

MOD List:
1) CUP HOLDER
2) Onboard Toolbox
3) IHI Turbo
4) Pump adjustment to increase fueling

I will update with Pics hopefully soon, need to find a better image host.

All new fluids and engine filters, brazed the cracked hard line on loader. So that is all out of the way.

Next order of business is upgrade the loader controls to Joystick style. Thinking about this one:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/Chief/2-Spool-10-GPM-Chief-220957-Joystick-Loader-Control-Valve-w-float-9-12475.axd

Any thoughts? I am unsure on GPM of the 1300 pump but 10 GPM seems plenty to me. Also, what would the factory hyd pressure be set at? I have not put a gauge on the system yet as the system still has a little water left in it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You can just upload your pics here.

mvphoto42381.png

Looks like I cannot edit posts yet or I would add these to the first post.

Hoping to get some feedback on the Ford 1300 hyd pump output if anyone has some data on that. System pressure and flow rate specifically. I will try and find some markings on the pump itself but not holding my breath.

mvphoto42390.jpg

mvphoto42391.jpg

mvphoto42392.jpg

The top link was seized so I picked up a new one from TSC.

The leveler box is seized as well but looks to be in good condition, I will attempt to rehab that one.

Silver soldered the leaking loader hard line.

Put the tractor to use Saturday and brush hogged a buddies field roughly 3 acres. It was mostly grass and black berries that had not been mowed in 3 to 4 years. Able to consistently run 2-2 gearing. 2-3 if thin or shorter grass otherwise it was bogging the 16hp engine.

Hoping an IHI RHF4 AS12 turbo will bolt up to OE muffler mating surface. I would like to get 20+ hp out of this 2cyl.

Also forgot one more thing.

A keeper bolt for one of the loader bucket pins must have come loose. I dropped a pin out in the field and was not able to find it.

Does anyone have a source for Ford 770/Schwartz 1200 loader bucket pins?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back