Ford 1500 Need some information please

beef75

Member
I recently acquired a ford 1500 2wd diesel compact tractor. I was wanting to know are these good tractors. i am having trouble finding what the fluid capacities are for it like the oil and hydraulic fluids. Also is the transmission and rear hydraulics one compartment. I found the hydraulic filler capp under the seat and the dipstick up by the shifter plate as well as an over flow cap on the side of the transmission housing. any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
 
just serviced a 1995 1520 (all I know so hope it helps)

book called for 5 gal 134D,,, took 6 1/2 by the check stick,,, the trans/hydraulics/diff were all one sump

crank case,,, 5 are 6 qt,,, it was a nice little tractor,,, a toy I would like to own if the price were rite.

I had to replace the fuel tank and ignition switch,,, all because they let it set outside for a few years,,, I drained 14 gal of chit from the drain plugs for the dif/hydraulic/trans,,, and they brought a $350 fuel tank,,, tractor now lives under a shed.

Owner brought it new and had the owners/service manual,,,, I had rather have it than a repair manual (I did make a copy)
 
The Ford 1500 was one of the best tractors i ever owned. I am sorry I ever sold it. I liked it so much I just bought a 1710.

I believe I have an extra owners manual of some kind for this tractor if you would like it
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top