Ford 172 industrial throttle linkage

Cord

New User
Im working on a Ford 172 industrial engine that is missing part of the throttle linkage. I have the rod and spring on the governor end, but have no parts on the throttle side. How can I find this linkage?

Does anyone know how to adjust the governed speed? The currently has a max speed of 1400 rpm.

I don't know where to get missing parts but to adjust governed speed search web for ''Ford Models E and D Industrial Engines-1.pdf'' and download. The web site can't be mentioned here but starts with ntr.

I think I still have the throttle linkage from a 134 industrial that I swapped into a tractor. Should be tge same as a 172. Ill check when I go back out.

Let me know about that linkage, I'd be very interested in it. Since posting, I now know the governor stop bracket is also missing.

Sadly, I struck out on that search. I respect the need for a work-around, but the ntr clue doesn't resonate with me.

Copy and paste the exact phrase within the quotes into your search engine or web browser. The document can't be linked or mentioned because YT blocks sites considered to be discussion board or tractor parts competitors.

Here is a link to the results of that Google search.

[u:bd9c1ba79d]Link to Google search results.[/u:bd9c1ba79d]

The link he is talking about should be about the 12th one down from the top of the search results page. The web site that it links to is this, without the dashes:

https://www.n-tractor-club.com/manuals/parts/Ford%20Models%20E%20and%20D%20Industrial%20Engines.pdf

Sorry, I forgot to reply back last night. I found some of the linkage, but I'm not sure it's what you need. This one has a rod with the spring the end, then an adapter to use a cable.
cvphoto164783.jpg

Bummer. I have the rod, stop and spring, but nothing to the right. Sadly, the cable would only be 8 long in my application. Thank you for looking though.

(quoted from post at 06:23:59 10/18/23) Bummer. I have the rod, stop and spring, but nothing to the right. Sadly, the cable would only be 8 long in my application. Thank you for looking though.

Is the part that bolts down to the transmission with two short 1/4 bolts there?

I was looking for something in another part of the garage today, and I think I found the rest of the linkage. Didn't have my phone with me, so I'll have to try to remember to get a picture tomorrow morning.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back