Ford 2000 gas

waynerees

New User
Several time lately after my tractor is running for 15 - 20 minutes it would not run like it was starving for fuel. You could shut it down wait 10 minutes or so and crank up all was well. Now it's all the time and getting too much fuel, blowing black smoke out exhaust. It's a new carburator that has been on about 2 months with no issues. Any suggestions?

Remove the tube coming from the air cleaner and see if it runs better. I had mice build a nest in the air cleaner once and plugged it up.

Could be... the external_link gas has already dried up, and scabbed over and stopped up the jets in your carb....stuck the float at the bottom, or stopped the needle jet from moving... Meaning that a good carb cleaning will be needed to stop the flooding in the float bowl. Could be the float got a leak and filled up will fuel...

I'd pull the air cleaner tube at the carb... Suspect you have a sticking float or bad needle valve. If it's stuck open it's going
to dump gas out the throat...

Rod

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back