Ford 201 Flex Disc Harrow. Need Help Please

I have a Ford 201 Flex Disc Harrow that I cannot get the axle nut off. The nut just spins the shaft and I have nothing to hold the shaft to keep it from spinning. I read where you can install a 1/4 key stock in the shaft which I did but it still spins. What’s the trick to getting the nut loose?
Thank you
IMG_3221.jpeg
 
Possibly heat nut red hot and then whack the wrench holding it with heavy hammer. Should jar it loose.
 
Possibly heat nut red hot and then whack the wrench holding it with heavy hammer. Should jar it loose.
I tried heat but I’ll give it another try. I had the nut red hot with an impact on it and shaft just spins. I wish they’d made a way to hold the shaft on the opposite end.
 
Good news!!! I heated the nut one more time cherry red and wedged a crowbar on the other end to hold the axle in place. Impact spun the nut right off. Thanks for the advice.
 
While your there, is there a way to weld a stop/hold point on end of axle for the next time?
 
Here was the problem. One disc section had the washer with the tab that fits in the axle key way to stop the rotation of the axle. The other section did not have the washer with the tab that fits in the axle key way.
Any idea where I can get another axle end washer like in the photo?
I appreciate all your help.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3222.jpeg
    IMG_3222.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top