lummer

New User
Can someone help me identify my Ford tractor. It has been in the family for many many years and I have recently decided to do an overhaul. I have always understood the tractor to be a 601 Workmaster. It definitely has a 4cyl OHV engine, no PTO but a three point hitch. What has me confused is the model number which is: 246 and is stamped right where the 601 series is supposed to be on the flat of the bellhousing behind the starter. The serial number is: 10327. Thanks for the help.
 
wwildhorse2k, Thanks for the reply, I do have some cell phone pics that I'll try to upload and send but it'll take a little while.
I'm aware of John Smiths site and that's how I got to this forum. The tractor looks all the world like a 601 in every detail that I can tell and the PTO has a 'flat' cap over it and I don't see a PTO shift lever anywhere.
Thanks again.
 
This is the tractor in its present state, hope this is helpful. Sorry for the two port side (left side) pictures, I was unable to delete the duplication.
a12822.jpg

a12823.jpg

a12824.jpg
 
chrisinsoky, thanks for the reply, yes it is a 4 speed. I'm still trying to find out why the tractor has the model number "246" clearly stamped on the bellhousing.
 
(quoted from post at 07:43:14 03/27/10) chrisinsoky, thanks for the reply, yes it is a 4 speed. I'm still trying to find out why the tractor has the model number "246" clearly stamped on the bellhousing.
y crystal ball sez that a view such as this , of the tractor in question, is what was being requested.
drawbar_no_rotate.jpg
 
JMOR,
Here a couple of photos of the rear of the tractor, I hope this helps.
P.S.
Where would I get one of them there crystal balls?
a13042.jpg

a13043.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top