Ford 2910 transmission and rear end hydraulic fluid

mikewood869

Anyone know if the transmission and rear end have a common sump where hydraulic fluid would flow from the trans to the rear end or vice versa? I did a fluid change and dump 13 gallons in the rear end and I m going to see in the morning if any of the fluid flowed to the dipstick in the transmission or if I m going to need to drain the oil and dump the oil into the transmission. There s a dipstick on the transmission, but no plugs in the usually spots to check for the oil level. There s two fill plugs (transmission has a plug with breather and rear end is just a plug. I know that our 6610 share the same oil in both sections but not our 4110 or 4500. My 2910 has the 8x4 transmission and is a series 2

(quoted from post at 02:33:08 08/28/22)
2910 should have a dip stick under the left lift arm
Two separate sumps on the smaller 3 cylinder models
Apparently mine doesn t have the dipstick on either side of the arms, just the dipstick by the transmission

(quoted from post at 02:33:08 08/28/22)
2910 should have a dip stick under the left lift arm
Two separate sumps on the smaller 3 cylinder models

I believe I found the plug:

mvphoto96566.jpg

mvphoto96567.jpg

(quoted from post at 18:38:34 08/27/22) Anyone know if the transmission and rear end have a common sump where hydraulic fluid would flow from the trans to the rear end or vice versa? I did a fluid change and dump 13 gallons in the rear end and I m going to see in the morning if any of the fluid flowed to the dipstick in the transmission or if I m going to need to drain the oil and dump the oil into the transmission.

I won't ask why. She wasn't designed with a common sump so if oil flows forward, the seal(s) between the two compartments are no longer holding oil. Of course, time is on your side, and the longer you wait, the greater the possibility that oil will move into the transmission, but by then you'll be known here as Winkle, not Wood, in honor of old Rip Van Winkle.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back