Ford Jubilee - oil/fluids

Ford Jubilee

New User
I recently purchased my first tractor which is a 1953 Ford Jubilee, so I am new to the tractor world. I am looking at changing the oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, rear differential fluid and coolant. I have been reaching out for advice on what oil/fluids to use and I received conflicting information. Will you please provide advise as to if I purchased the correct oils/fluids for the job. For the coolant, I purchased a standard 50/50 pre-diluted coolant. I think most brands are the the same for as far as the coolant goes? For the oil change, I picked up Mobil Delvac Extreme 15w-40 synthetic. I was told, even though it is a diesel oil, it is a good choice. For the transmission fluid, Hydraulic fluid and differential fluid change I picked up Mobil Delvac Tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid. I was told this was a good option for the hydraulic fluid, transmission and the rear differential. The Delvac hydraulic/transmission fluid has rating or API GL-4 or for applications requiring SAE 80 grade lubricants in all gear applications except hypoid gear designs. The Delvac hydraulic/transmission fluid is recommended for use in in applications requiring Ford ESN-M2C134-D. According to the Label on the Delvac Hydraulic/transmission fluid, it is also known as Mobifluid 424. I am far from mechanically inclined and would appreciate if you could let me know if the products, I picked up were correct for the fluids/oil I'm going to change. Thank you.

Last edited:
That oil and tractor/trans/hydraulic fluid should both be fine. They both exceed the original fluid specifications for that tractor and also are based on much more modern knowledge of motor oils and lubricating and hydraulic fluids.

All of that will work just fine.
You didn't say one way or the other, but you will find that a small investment in a copy of the owners manual, an I&T FO-19 shop manual and a copy of a Master Parts catalog will be very helpful down the road.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back