Ford 3000 - Exhaust & tractor number

Rsator

New User
I recently acquired what is supposedly a 1975 Ford 3000 gasoline tractor. I have two questions about this tractor.

1 - The exhaust is horizontal but extends to the rear axle, and the rear clamp directly behind the muffler is attached to a bracket that puts the muffler next to the the left side stabilizer bar connection. I would really like to have a diagram or photo that shows how this horizontal exhaust is supposed to mount, and perhaps even some reference t the parts I need to replace this exhaust. I think the muffler originally stooped under the left for board.

2. - There is a Ford vehicle information plate on the inside of the hood, showing the Tractor Number is C482636. Can anyone help me translate this information please? I even wondered if this hood came from a different tractor.

I also have the following model number which is on the label on the underside of the engine hood and on the transmission case - C1023C. The unit number shown is 5K24B, which. Think means it was made in 1965 rather than 1975. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

C1023C is the model umber. It is a 300 with gas engine, non-live PTO and an 8 speed transmission.

C482636 is the serial number,. That is a 1975 serial number.

Here is a link to the exhaust parts diagram for both the vertical and horizontal exhaust systems. The 3000 horizontal exhaust is the middle one of the three:

[u:54d7c1340d]Link to parts diagram for exhaust for 3000 gas tractor[/u:54d7c1340d]

Thanks, and I have learned that it is a 1975 model. The 5 at the beginning of the manufacturing date threw me, but both the 1065 and the 1975 model started that date with 5. The tractor number shows it is a 1975. Thanks for your reply.

(quoted from post at 16:33:33 07/11/22) Photo attached

since you could not yet post your pix,....here are a couple of my 73 ag 3000 Diesel, right after I changed from vert. stack to horizontal exhaust.
No more smelly exhaust in my face!!!
The muffler should stop just at the rear of the lft. foot rest. I added the rear extention turn out toward the lft rear tire to move the exhaust further away from the rear hook-ups.
Header....Muffler.... and ....pipe, were all bought from YT parts here!

mvphoto94377.jpg

mvphoto94378.jpg

mvphoto94379.jpg

mvphoto94380.jpg

GB
Gary

Hi Gary
Hadn t seen you on here for a while
The wife and I will be out in your area in about 6 weeks
John from Ky

This post was edited by Destroked 450 on 07/12/2022 at 04:34 am.

Thanks for the info and pics. This is really a great help and now I know where to get the parts I need to correct my system.

(quoted from post at 05:33:24 07/12/22) Hi Gary
Hadn t seen you on here for a while
The wife and I will be out in your area in about 6 weeks
John from Ky

This post was edited by Destroked 450 on 07/12/2022 at 04:34 am.

John;
I just sent you an email, through 'YT Safe-Mail!!!
Reply to it via my email addy....or better yet, call me on my house phone!!!

GB in MT.
Gary

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back