Ford 3055 lift rams not functioning correctly

dshowell42

New User
I ve got a ford 3050 Tractor that she new to me. When I first got it lift arms did not work at all. Took the top plate off cleaned everything that I can clean.Replaced O-rings that I could find that need replacing. Reassembled Tractor lift arms are now picking up and lowering as it should or so I thought. If any weight is added to the lift arms, they bounce,shake or isolate whatever you wanna call it. Up-and-down. If you remove the weight, it stops doing it immediately. I checked the O-rings and the seals on the piston when I replaced everything else they all look really good.
If you turn the tractor off, the lift arms will stay in the up position for an extended amount of time without leaking down. So does anyone have any idea of what s causing this tractor to do this?

This post was edited by dshowell42 on 03/29/2023 at 12:01 am.

Quote: If you turn the tractor off, the lift arms will stay in the up position for an extended amount of time without leaking down. So does anyone have any idea
of what s causing this tractor to do this?

Put a load on the lift arms and see if stay in the up position with the tractor off.

(quoted from post at 11:01:43 03/29/23)
3055 has the same lift top as the 3 cylinder 4000
Did you adjust the internal linkage while you had the top off

No I didn t adjust anything only replaced the Orings.
I didn t replace piston Oring I have one order. Today I ve turned the flow adjuster all the way out. And hooked a cultivator to it. If you didn t lift it alll the way up it would hold. But if you lifted it to the top it would shake really bad. If you tried to Lower it would just drop hard. So 3/4 the way up kind of ok but want let it down just a little bit. I all so found out that I don t have the plunger guide bolt either. Someone else has taken the top off before me. The lift didn t work at all when I got it.

The internal linkage does have to be out of adjustment much to cause the lift to not work properly
To better control lowering make sure you have the position control lever under the seat flipped up to position control

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back