Ford 3550 implement

rickdavidson

New User
I inherited a 1975 Ford 3550 diesel. I'm working on getting it cleaned up and started hopefully. It's been sitting for 20 or so years. Many years ago I had a Ford 4500. It had a scraper/ripper attachment on back. These 3550's look like they only handle a backhoe. My question is can the 3550 be setup for a scraper/ripper attachment?

Both the 4500 and the 3550 were available with or without a 3 point lift, which is how you would attach a scraper/ripper attachment. If your 3550 does not have a 3 point lift and you desire a tractor with a 3 point lift, it would be easier and more cost effective to sell the 3550 and then purchase a tractor with the features that you desire. Post some pictures of the tractor, especially the area around the base of the seat, both front and back, and we can tell you if it has any of the parts for the 3 point lift, but my guess is that it does not. If it has the control handle and upper lift arms then all you would need is the lower lift arms and the lift linkage between the upper and lower arms. Most of them that came from the factory with a backhoe did not have a 3 point lift.

This post was edited by Sean in PA on 09/29/2023 at 01:14 pm.

Thank you Sean. It has a couple of bars with chains on them out the back. I think one of the bars is adjustable. My pictures don't show the back so I'll have to go and take a look about any hydraulics under the seat or in that general location.
Thanks again, Rick

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back