Ford 3600 BushHog stuck in the air!

Hi All, seems I have a hydraulic issue and I m not sure how to start diagnosing the issue because the BushHog is still attached and up in the air. I m guessing there s a pressure buildup that won t allow it to go down. Any ideas on how to carefully get the bush hog down so I can do repairs without it dropping down uncontrollably? The hydraulic fluid is milky, I took the filter off to see if would relieve some pressure but it didn t. I don t see a pressure relief valve anywhere.

Does it have remote valve or accessory cover. If has just cover loosen plug till oil seeps out. DO NOT remove till shredder is on ground.

(quoted from post at 15:32:59 06/09/23) Does it have remote valve or accessory cover. If has just cover loosen plug till oil seeps out. DO NOT remove till shredder is on ground.

Thanks! Yes it has a remote valve block with two unused hoses and a lever to actuate those remote hoses-which I ve never used. So you suggest just start loosening this block to let some oil out and it should lower?

Yes, slowly loosen the 4 bolts holding the valve down, the oil will start to squirt out. Suggest having a
drain pan to catch the oil, as it will spit out upwards of a quart.

(quoted from post at 19:45:50 06/09/23) Yes, slowly loosen the 4 bolts holding the valve down, the oil will start to squirt out. Suggest having a

Thank you! I will get that done today and report back!

(quoted from post at 19:45:50 06/09/23) Yes, slowly loosen the 4 bolts holding the valve down, the oil will start to squirt out. Suggest having a

Many thanks to everyone. I finally had time to follow your advice and it worked. So now the cutter is on the ground I will drain and replace the hydraulic fluid. I m not trying to do a full rebuild until the fall but if there s something I should check or clean to stop the control arm sticking please let me know?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back