Ford 4000 - Unknown chassis type.

After some scrubbing, I finally found the ID numbers on my tractor. I used this site (http://www.springfieldbiz.com/oaktree/rhcodes_serial.html) to ID the tractor, but hit a wall with the code for the chassis type.
My model number is D4114C. Can anyone tell me what the "41" chassis is?
 
Are you -sure- those #'s are right? I can't seem to make sense of them either. If this is a 4-cylinder, I think that would decode to a 4000 row crop with a select-O-Speed (and maybe no PTO?). BUt starting with a letter amkes me think it's a 3-cyl. 4100 is the regular ag chassis, 4110 is the LCG, 4140 is the SU model. Maybe one of the industrial variants?
 
@Fordfarmer

Haha, I did double check the numbers after not being able to figure it out, but those are the numbers stamped on it. I still haven't found anything to explain a "41" chassis code. I do know (just by examining the tractor) that it's a 3 cyl. diesel with 8 speed transmission, and an independent pto.
According to the production number it's a 1968.
 
Somebody tell me again.
41/4200 are rowcrop tractors yes? Some with narrow front, some were platform tractors?
What was the differance?
A platform, narrow front, diesel would be fun to own.
 
(quoted from post at 12:53:27 03/23/10) After some scrubbing, I finally found the ID numbers on my tractor. I used this site (http://www.springfieldbiz.com/oaktree/rhcodes_serial.html) to ID the tractor, but hit a wall with the code for the chassis type.
My model number is D4114C. Can anyone tell me what the "41" chassis is?

You have a 4410 "Woods Tractor". It was made from '69 - '75. Its basically a 4400 with a 3400 front bolster, axle & steering. This is one of those little heard of models that generate some confusion.

Steve-Wi occasionally posts on this site has one. Last time he posted he was trying to find a loader that would work on this model. Tony Jacobs may have more info.
 
4100 is the ag chassis - like your 4000. 4200 is the row crop. All rowcrops ('65 on)were "platform" models. There is literally a steel platform over the transmission, where your feet rest. Most could be had with narrow, wide, or short-wheelbase wide fronts. I know hwere there's a 4200 ('65 to early '68) narrow front, gas, 8-speed for a GOOD (assuming the description is accurate)price. If it's still there when I get my 5000 sold, I may have to go take a look... Just wish it was a diesel, or at least a 201 gas.
 
Hello UltraDog , It has more Ground Clearance than an SU Tractor because of the 3400 Utility axle versus the 4400 Utility axle . Thanks Tony
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top