Ford 4400 3 Point Issue

Hutch6986

New User
I have a Ford 4400 Utility 3cyl Gas with a Ford Front End Loader

Here is the issue that I have experienced:

5 months ago - The external hydraulic pump, located on the left side of the tractor, was leaking from the end cap, portion that faces the tractor. I replaced the gasket. The leak quit and everything worked as normal. Other than the leak I did not experience any issues. My 3 point worked as it should.

3 months ago - Mt 3 point worked flawless but I experienced some sluggishness when lifted heavier implements such as a disc.

2 weeks ago - The same plate that previously leaked began to leak one again. The 3 point was still sluggish but functioned.

1 week ago - I removed the hydraulic pump and rebuilt it. I installed and primed the pump. I am getting fluid out of the small hole, allen head bolt, and the pump seems to be working, however my 3 point will not raise up.

I am looking for guidance on how to remedy the issue. I would like to attempt the repair myself. Thank yall in advance

Purge air from the system. With engine running idle speed loosen pipe plug on the pump and bleed the air out. lift should now work. If not you have other problems.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back