Ford Commander 6000 3 Point hitch not working

I recently purchased A Ford 6000 Commander. Runs good, 3 point and power steering were not working. I filled hydraulic reservoir in the front of the tractor and I now have power steering. 3 point is still not working. Does the steering and 3 point hitch share the same hydraulic system? I want to add that the tractor sat for around 8 years and the hydraulic reservoir was empty when I filled it, 3 point hitch arms move up and down freely when lifting arms with my forklift.

Attachments

• IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 48
I recently purchased A Ford 6000 Commander. Runs good, 3 point and power steering were not working. I filled hydraulic reservoir in the front of the tractor and I now have power steering. 3 point is still not working. Does the steering and 3 point hitch share the same hydraulic system? I want to add that the tractor sat for around 8 years and the hydraulic reservoir was empty when I filled it, 3 point hitch arms move up and down freely when lifting arms with my forklift.
Interesting machine you have there, a Commander tractor with older emblems on the hood.

The steering system uses a separate pump, however the remote valve and 3-point hitch use a different pump. So, the next logical question would be, does the remote valve work? Do you have any cylinders you could plug into it and raise up and down?

I did not consider this. I’m sure I have something laying around I could try tomorrow. Thanks I will report back
Do the brakes work? They are supplied by the three point and auxiliary valve pump. On one of my 6000 tractors the hydraulic pump acts up sometimes and when it does, NO brakes, three point or cylinder valves work.

Looking close at the photo, the hood decal says 6500 under the 6000 badge. That said, the 6500 was a totally different tractor with a different hood style. (hover over the photo and click and it will magnify)

Do the brakes work? They are supplied by the three point and auxiliary valve pump. On one of my 6000 tractors the hydraulic pump acts up sometimes and when it does, NO brakes, three point or cylinder valves work.
They did not when I pulled it out of the barn not running but I’ll double check them today while it’s running.

Looking close at the photo, the hood decal says 6500 under the 6000 badge. That said, the 6500 was a totally different tractor with a different hood style. (hover over the photo and click and it will magnify)
I think it’s 6000 here’s a close up of both sides

I can see how you would take that 0 for a 5, but I just see it as how the dust accumulated on the paint after the decal got damaged.

Look on front of crankshaft and see if coupler is intact . If broken there will be no brakes , 3 point or remotes . Also betting acculmator has no charge in it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back