ford 4600su 3cyl

sabermammoth

New User
Looking for some insight on my tractor. Ford 4600su. I was having issues with pto grinding so I tore it apart. Found a bronze bushing that was broken and replaced it. Now my 3 point doesnt work. I have pressure at the remote hydraulics and at the pto so I know the pump is working. I replaced all the orings in the top plate and the hydraulic lift arm.
Anyone have ideas as to what i did wrong? It does nothing.
 
There are many folks wiser than I, but if for no other reason than to keep the conversation going, I'll comment.

- Where are the lower arms now? (Up, down, somewhere in the middle)
- When you raise and lower the 3 pt control handle, do you get any change in the noise from the hydraulic system?
- Can you manually lift the 2 lower arms?
 
My dumb question.. did they work before? You say remote hydraulics work on my tractor if I engage the remote the 3 pt doesn't work unless I'm hooked to an open center valve or have the hoses looped.
 
not a dumb question but something i should have stated.
yes they worked before
i have my hoses unhooked on the remote to get the top plate off and i flipped the valve and it shot out
 
the 3 point arms in down position
i can manually raise and lower them like nothing
when i cycle the lever i dont hear anything different
 
When you installed the lift top did you use a lift or install by hand
A neighbor reinstalled the lift top on his 3000 by hand, afterwards it wouldn’t work
He had raised the rock shaft arms and the dog bone had dropped out of the cylinder
 
I used a motor hoist.
I am guessing its the unloader valve but kind of odd it went bad when I pulled the top plate.
I ordered an unloader valve gonna try that I guess.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top