Ford 5000 injection pump problems

Hello folks, I am working on a Ford 5000 (5200), it has the simms inline pump, the original pump had stripped threads on the drain plug and fill plug for the oil reservoir, the owner decided to remove the pump off of a tractor that had been sitting in the barn for a while to replace it with. I got the pumps swapped and all the air bled from filter housing and the pump but my problem is there is no fuel coming out of the injection pump to the injectors while cranking. Yes, the fuel shut off lever is all the way forward. I am at a loss here. Any advice would sure be appreciated. Thanks!

There a really good youtube video on the operation of the pump if you search Simms pump. I’d say send your old pump to the injection shop and have them test it see if anything was wrong other than that perhaps a larger hole could be tapped on the original pump? I assume charge pump is pumping like crazy not just a trickle

There a really good youtube video on the operation of the pump if you search Simms pump. I’d say send your old pump to the injection shop and have them test it see if anything was wrong other than that perhaps a larger hole could be tapped on the original pump? I assume charge pump is pumping like crazy not just a trickle
I assume you also tried throttle all the way back that should shoot the most fuel

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back