MyOldKyFord

New User
Have a 1967 Ford 5000 Diesel. The wiring harness is fried. Bought a new one which came with no diagrams or directions. After scouring the Internet and some trial and error I think I m getting close-ish to done. Here s where I m stuck...the ignition that s on the tractor is labeled On the black plastic by the male ignition posts Lucas EnglNd 70SA. One of the ignition posts is a wide blade (all the others are thin). None of the new wiring harness female terminals for the ignition have a wide terminal to slide over the ignition. I could use the wide female terminal from the old harness to slice onto the new harness but I m not sure which harness wires go to which post on the ignition.
In the pics the the green is regulator B to key starter switch battery. The red wire is regulator b to starter motor or solenoid. The blue and white wire is doesn t have a position on the generator regulator.
Sorry I’ve tried to attach pics but they won’t post. If you’re willing to help me out on this please message me and I’ll send you pics that way.

This post was edited by MyOldKyFord on 11/08/2023 at 06:12 am.

Hello OldFord welcome to YT. See if your method of
posting pictures followed this process. Pictures post
through the ..Browse or Choose files.. button just
below where it says ..Upload Photos/Videos.. down
lower in the ..New post and reply windows. Clicking
that will give you a choice to select the file or folder
the pictures are stored in on your PC or phone. Then
select the photo from the file and ..Add.. it. They
cannot be pasted into the text area as a file. I would
suggest posting one picture in a reply, then 2 in the
next if you are adding more just to test out the size
limits.

The Image I provide here might work. There are many found when searching for Ford 5000 wiring diagrams. Jim

cvphoto166273.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back