OHBILL

New User
Ford 5000 diesel was loseing power, almost dying while tedding. Dual fuel filter system. Pulled the 1st and found it had a bunch of crud in it; 2nd filter had none. Installed 2 new same model filters. Now I'm finding I cannot get fuel from the 1st to the 2nd. 1st has fuel; 2nd bone dry. Any ideas?
 
Ford 5000 diesel was loseing power, almost dying while tedding. Dual fuel filter system. Pulled the 1st and found it had a bunch of crud in it; 2nd filter had none. Installed 2 new same model filters. Now I'm finding I cannot get fuel from the 1st to the 2nd. 1st has fuel; 2nd bone dry. Any ideas?
What brand filters? If the WIX type check to see that the seal is not inside the rim and covering the fuel slots.

normal_Seal_gasket_in_wrong_place.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: RCP
Which injection pump? Early inline has a feed pump on the side of the injection pump. Late models have the CAV DPA rotary pump that's GRAVITY fed, no hand primer like the early models have. Also sometimes the engine needs turned a bit so the hand primer will work, it WON'T work when the cam lever stops and holds up the lever inside the injection pump.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top