Ford 555 Tach Cable

nh8260

I bought a new tach cable for my 1980 555 Ford backhoe and had to also purchase the cable shaft (piece that the tach cable end goes in to turn it) part number F1NN17N275AA, this is on the motor end. Saturday i pulled the old cable shaft out tried to put the new one in but it won't go in all the way, it likes a little less than 1/2 inch from going all the way in. I looked at the old shaft and it appears some of the wires at the end of it might have broke off in there, I had no clue how to get everything out, Attached is the parts breakdown (best picture i could find) do i need to take the bolt out and remove the cap??
cvphoto74788.jpg

The whole assembly have to be removed to get end of old cable. May have to pull drive gear if piece of cable wont pullout easy. When installing put new cable in drivegear first. Replace oring too. Oil filter may have to be removed to have enough room.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back