Ford 600 Motor

FordFarm600

New User
Location
Trinity, NC
I recently inherited my grandfather's Ford 600 Tractor. Model 640. I am very new to tractors and am wanting to confirm the 600 series all had same 132 cubic inch Red Tiger engine with 31 horsepower. Can someone confirm that the Motor # EAE-6015-F is in fact the Red Tiger 31 HP? Also, can anyone give directions on how to determine what transmission is in this tractor? Thank you in advance.
 
I recently inherited my grandfather's Ford 600 Tractor. Model 640. I am very new to tractors and am wanting to confirm the 600 series all had same 132 cubic inch Red Tiger engine with 31 horsepower. Can someone confirm that the Motor # EAE-6015-F is in fact the Red Tiger 31 HP? Also, can anyone give directions on how to determine what transmission is in this tractor? Thank you in advance.
Yeah the 600 series all had the 134 ci engine (not 132) nicknamed Red Tiger with approximately 31 HP give or take a couple depending on who measured and where measured. The EAE on the front of the engine casting code indicates a 134 engine. A 640 has the four-speed transmission, in fact that is what the 4 in 640 means.
 
Thank you, I looked over the tractor some more today and located numbers:
NCA7006 B
1 4AE:
On the right side under the right foot rest step. I am curious which is the transmission number? Does this tractor has a certain brand or type of transmission or is it just a Ford 4-speed? I have heard some people mention a Select-O-Speed, Sherman, etc.
IMG_9839.JPG
 
Thank you, I looked over the tractor some more today and located numbers:
NCA7006 B
1 4AE:
On the right side under the right foot rest step. I am curious which is the transmission number? Does this tractor has a certain brand or type of transmission or is it just a Ford 4-speed? I have heard some people mention a Select-O-Speed, Sherman, etc.
View attachment 771

Thank you, I looked over the tractor some more today and located numbers:
NCA7006 B
1 4AE:
On the right side under the right foot rest step. I am curious which is the transmission number? Does this tractor has a certain brand or type of transmission or is it just a Ford 4-speed? I have heard some people mention a Select-O-Speed, Sherman, etc.
View attachment 771
NCA7006B is the casting code for a Ford 4-speed transmission 1955-1957. The brand is Ford. The Select-O-Speed didn't come until later. A Sherman is an auxiliary transmission added to the 4-speed to give additional gearing choices such as overdrive, underdrive, combo, or shuttle (various choices, they aren't all the same).
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top