Ford 641 & Wagner Bucket Loader

Dogfish

New User
As the subject indicates, Ive got a couple of issues.

Clara my 52 8N threw a piston shaft through the sidewalk of the block, I removed the loader and wheel weights before selling her for parts to a friend rebuilding his 8N. The front shaft from engine to hydraulic pump was bent so I didnt bother removing it.

First, does anyone know the part number of the pump shaft needed to remount the Wagner on Eleanor my new-ish 58 641?

&

Second, does anyone know of a way to mount the 8N wheel weights on the 641?

My sincerest thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Very Respectfully,
Charlie

You might try posting your question on the Ford forum site. I think that shaft is aftermarket not a Ford part, used on lots of different tractors with loaders and front pumps. I have seen them advertised. Check parts on this site, YT mag, if not I think All States Tractor parts may have them.

This site sell the parts you need but you need to know how long your shaft if and how many splines it has. I just replaced the hub and shaft for the hyd pump on my 8N Ford

(quoted from post at 09:07:50 07/26/20) You might try posting your question on the Ford forum site. I think that shaft is aftermarket not a Ford part, used on lots of different tractors with loaders and front pumps. I have seen them advertised. Check parts on this site, YT mag, if not I think All States Tractor parts may have them.

Unfortunately, without a part number, it would appear Im on a snipe hunt. ;(

Ive been assuming, as everything is stock, everything Would be fairly straightforward... apparently Ive only made an arse out of me yet again. ;)

Sorry but it is simple if you can read a tape measure and count. Shafts come in a number of lengths and a number of different splines counts but not all that hard to figure out if you can measure and count

I moved my Wagner from an 8N to an 860 recently. I faced the same issue, and just called the folks here at yesterdays tractors and explained my situation. They provided the right stuff, I had to buy the spline hub for the crank nose, and also the shaft.

I had to shorten the shaft about 2". You will likely also note that the rear plates which mounts to the fender flange bracket is different. The 860, and I presume the 641 are a longer wheelbase than the 8N. I simply made a pair of new 90deg angle braces for under the fender, to the mount plate on the Wager(vertical plates).

If the 641 front is similar to the 860, don't even try to get the new hub on the crank without removing all the tin, and the radiator. It's a very tight, and awkward fit. If you are able to get the hub in there, getting any of the bolts and locknuts on is nearly impossible. I fiddled with it for 90 min before just taking it all off and working on it with easy access to the front pulley.

Also, if you have power steering pump driven off the crankshaft, you will likely have to get 1/4" longer bolts for the snout. the hub will only allow 2 threads to catch with a double pulley on the front. If you already have a hub on their, you're lucky, and only need the new shaft. Count the splines on the hub before you order it here.

(quoted from post at 20:29:42 07/26/20) I moved my Wagner from an 8N to an 860 recently. I faced the same issue, and just called the folks here at yesterdays tractors and explained my situation. They provided the right stuff, I had to buy the spline hub for the crank nose, and also the shaft.

I had to shorten the shaft about 2". You will likely also note that the rear plates which mounts to the fender flange bracket is different. The 860, and I presume the 641 are a longer wheelbase than the 8N. I simply made a pair of new 90deg angle braces for under the fender, to the mount plate on the Wager(vertical plates).

If the 641 front is similar to the 860, don't even try to get the new hub on the crank without removing all the tin, and the radiator. It's a very tight, and awkward fit. If you are able to get the hub in there, getting any of the bolts and locknuts on is nearly impossible. I fiddled with it for 90 min before just taking it all off and working on it with easy access to the front pulley.

Also, if you have power steering pump driven off the crankshaft, you will likely have to get 1/4" longer bolts for the snout. the hub will only allow 2 threads to catch with a double pulley on the front. If you already have a hub on their, you're lucky, and only need the new shaft. Count the splines on the hub before you order it here.

Thank you for the outstanding response. Ill be making the call today & keep yall updated on any progress.

Again, my sincerest thanks for the advice!

Cheers,
Charlie

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back