Ford 7209 LOader

Margo

I have a 3930 with a 7209 Ford loader. I am having a problem with the snap ring that holds the seals in place. It keeps popping out after using for a short period of time. Any ideas or suggestions. It is the cylinder that operates the lift. Thanks.

This post was edited by Margo on 02/24/2023 at 10:38 am.

Have you tried replacing the seals and the snap ring? If it till happens after that, then the groove that the snap ring rides in may be worn.

Yes have replaced seals and snap ring. Will check groove snap ring goes in. Any ideas if it is worn.

I'm not familiar with that particular cylinder, but if it can be completely disassembled, building the area up with weld and then re-machining the groove may be a possibility.

Might be easier to find a pair of "almost right" replacement cylinders on surpluscenter.com. Get all of the measurements, approximate bore and stroke, and extended and closed hole-to-hole lengths, plus sizes of the pin holes at the ends and find the closest match. That's what I did for my Freeman loader that I got for practically nothing with rusted cylinders. Including all new cylinders, hoses, and a new Prince joystick control valve from surpluscenter.com, I have less than $600.00 into it and it works great.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back