Ford 740 Loader Lift Cylinder Seal Kit Help needed!

Hey all,
So I'm finally after years of dealing with leaking left side loader cylinder on my '66 Ford 4500 going to attempt to install the seal kit!

At first a friend that worked at a heavy equipment shop was going to get it done for me BUT he got a new job before my cylinder got done SO I've got it back disassembled. Yikes!

Not having taken it apart I've now got to put it back together without the luxury of having taken pics during disassembly.

Any hints, suggestions and above all exploded diagram links?

Thanks everyone for any help you can give,

Pete

mvphoto87199.png

Thanks Joe, That's a good start.
Seal kit arrives today. Probably try looking at it tomorrow when temp rises above freezing.

Pete

Sooo confusing!

The diagram on the New Holland site covers both the 1 1/2" bore and 2" bore cylinders AND the bucket cylinder all in the same diagram.

Really kicking myself for handing over this cylinder to a shop and having to take it back apart.

Pics of parts I got back from shop and Kit I got
mvphoto87496.png

mvphoto87497.png

If your uncomfortable to rebuild, or unable to determine if there are other problems, ie: bent rod, scored gland etc, pack it all up and send out to a local hydraulic cylinder rebuilder. These guys do these all day long, every day.

Can recommend several good shops in southern NH. Email me

This post was edited by jimtrs on 01/28/2022 at 01:02 pm.

Tks for the reply.

Bought the Ford Loader Repair manual pdf online.

The diagrams in it are way closer to the parts I have.

The cylinder is actually overall in ok shape.

I'm going to try to put it together next week once this storm clears out.

Pete
mvphoto87521.png

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back