I bought this ford 800 it has a gear shift lever on left side under steering box and has two levers at the pto cover with the dip stick one is pto lever whats the other for ? and whats this tractor worth i bought for the implements

I am not an expert on this, but I can tell you the lever near the steering box is the shifter for a Sherman auxiliary transmission. The second lever by the PTO lever sound like it might be for the very rare live PTO option that was offered on the NAA.

If you post some pictures we might be able to tell what they are for. If it has 4 speed transmission then the shifter on the left side under the steering box is most likely an auxiliary transmission shifter handle. The most popular was the Sherman combo, but there were also step-up, step-down and reversing auxiliary transmissions made by Sherman, as well as some made by other companies. The second handle near the PTO might be for the NAA "live PTO" option, but then it wouldn't be an 800 series tractor, but pictures would help us help you determine exactly what the tractor is and what the handles are for that you're unsure of.

ok here goes unable to send pic on this fourm this tractor is an 800 ford it has the lever on left side below gear box belive it is sherman Hi Low the other lever on the left side comes out of same round plate as the pto lever and oil dip stick they share the same round plate the only number i can find is on the right side below foot step that is NCA 7006 B below that is 2 77P1 if you want email your number and ill send a picture Thanks for all your help

Make 3 or 4 more posts & the site will let you post pics. Then we can probably tell you more than you may want to know!

(quoted from post at 09:10:25 08/07/23) Make 3 or 4 more posts & the site will let you post pics. Then we can probably tell you more than you may want to know!

It says that he already has 133 posts dating back to 2009, so I don't think that's his issue.

twomanycases - Your email is not showing up in Classic or Modern View for me.

How are you trying to upload your pictures, from your phone or from a computer?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back