Ford 801 oil pressure line

725Gunner

New User
I am looking to replace the oil pressure line in my ford 801. I want to replace it with a 1/8 inch flex hose as opposed to a hard steel line like it had. Does anyone know what size and threads the nut that goes to the engine side is, so I can find the right adapter for the braided line?

Elbow, 87379S, 1/8'' male pipe thread on engine side, 1/8'' inverted flare where line connects.

big_87379-S.jpg

This is the fitting that was on the broken line. But it seems smaller than the eighth inch pipe thread adapter that came with the new line. Are flare fittings usually smaller than pipe thread?
mvphoto110417.jpg

mvphoto110418.jpg

mvphoto110419.jpg

Brake, oil, and fuel lines use a 1/4 SS line. Using anything other than SS not advised. Thread size on compression fittings is a special size too on these. They are
Industry Standard, 7/16-24 UNS (Universal National Special). It has been suggested if you want to make your own oil and fuel line is to use a coat hanger to mimic bends
and connection spots. Just spit ballin' here but I hasta know what is wrong with your old OEM lines? It's your tractor and ya kin do whatever ya want but I always buy a
pre-made part if it available.

Tim Daley (MI)

The original line was broken and needed to be replaced.The gauge line that was on there was only a 1/8 inch, so that was what I went with for the new one. The new one is a line specifically made for gauges,that I got from summit. I only went with that over the hard line because there is so much stuff in the way, this is just the easier option to route it.

(quoted from post at 09:02:41 10/03/23) The original line was broken and needed to be replaced.The gauge line that was on there was only a 1/8 inch, so that was what I went with for the new one. The new one is a line specifically made for gauges,that I got from summit. I only went with that over the hard line because there is so much stuff in the way, this is just the easier option to route it.

The adapter fittings that came with your new line will not thread into the fittings the old line threaded into. You will need to replace the adapter fittings the old line threaded into to get to pipe thread at the first location in the engine and on the gauge.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back