Jennasaunt

New User
Having issue with my 801 tractor. I just placed a points delete on tractor. It cranked and then went dead. Won't turnover now. Not getting any spark at plugs.What could be the problem

This post was edited by Jennasaunt on 06/24/2023 at 11:18 am.

Assuming it ran previously with a 12 volt negative
ground conversion. Id first check all the main battery
connections, especially the grounds, for cleanliness
and tightness.

Just for clarification "turn over" to the majority of us means the starter will not turn the engine, is that what you mean?

When a starter will crank and then won't it is nearly always a bad battery connection. Usually at the battery but it can also be either of the other ends of either cable. Nearly always.

(quoted from post at 07:29:39 06/24/23) Just for clarification "turn over" to the majority of us means the starter will not turn the engine, is that what you me?

No, I mean it won't crank

(quoted from post at 11:17:18 06/24/23)
(quoted from post at 07:29:39 06/24/23) Just for clarification "turn over" to the majority of us means the starter will not turn the engine, is that what you me?

Seems to be a problem with the translator feature on my computer.
Let's go with yes or no...When you activate the starter switch/button does the starter engage and turn the engine over?

By crank do you mean you activate the starter switch with the ignition on the engine turns over but will not start?

If the second meaning of crank is what you mean and you have good verified spark then there are only 2 other factors that usually come into play. Either no fuel or no compression.

(quoted from post at 11:17:18 06/24/23)

If you want help you need to tell what your problem is.

As common terminology most here interpret not cranking, as the starter not turning the engine over to make it start.

Once the engine starts, and the starter is not having to crank (turn) it over, it is generally said the engine runs (not cranks).

Are you saying the starter turns the engine over (cranks) but the engine does not run?

You say it has no spark. How are you checking for spark?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back