Ford 8210 Water Temp Sending Unit

BretSteed

Hello everyone,

I've got a Ford 8210 that appears to have two water temperature sending units. Both units are also tied into the oil pressure sending unit in the side of the block. Its a factory harness that ties all three together. I have a digital dash. The water temperature read out never comes off of one bar. This is not normal. The tractor always runs cool but normally registers about half way. Does anyone know which sending unit, the top one or bottom one, sends the temp to the dash? There is a sending unit in the water pump and then one directly 6 inches below it.

Take the wire off and see if the gauge moves, if it doesn't then touch the wire to the engine to make a ground and see it the gauge moves. Do one at a time and check both.

Might start it run for a bit till warm with the senders disconnected test for open and then for closed one might be open cold and other closed and switch when warm.

So, I ordered a new sender unit. Part #D8NN10884AA. This is what the Ford schematics call for. However, when plugged in, the temp immediately registered mid way before even cranking. Within 5 minutes of running, the alarm started going off because the gauge was registering hot. I think the part# is probably for a manual dash, not a digital dash like mine. Does anyone happen to know the part # for the sending unit for digital dashes?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back