Ford 850 Tractor

Spine

New User
How to wire the key switch on a Ford 850 12 volt system tractor. The key switch was missing so do not have anything to go on. I bought a key switch it has 2 wires a black one and a yellow one. Need to know where they go.
mvphoto104822.jpg

[/img:57bdd9b117]

The answer is the same as when you asked it a few days ago. The two wires go to the two terminals on the terminal block.

The link shows a picture of the terminal block/
Terminal Block

(quoted from post at 17:08:31 04/19/23) The answer is the same as when you asked it a few days ago. The two wires go to the two terminals on the terminal block.

The link shows a picture of the terminal block/
Terminal Block
img]https://i.imgur.com/ByeP6sL.jpg[/img]

There should be a starter button by the shifter, tractor transmission has to be in NEUTRAL before the starter will engage.
All the ignition switch does is supply B+ (12v) to the coil or ballast resister if so equipped. It is like a toggle switch, it is either on or off..

You were was where to hook the two wires on the post below!!!

12V setup matters not. Wiring the ignition key switch is the same as the OEM 6V/POS GRN system.
Your Essential Manuals show you this. On a 12V switcheroo job you eliminate the GEN and the VR
and insert an ALT, wire as shown in PICTOGRAMS. Swap 6V Coil out for a 12V verified Coil. The
picture shown, if 12V, is wrong showing a VR.

FORD OEM, 6V 600 & 800 WIRING SYSTEM:
i8Ymlrrl.jpg
QTqk1bul.jpg
OBAU0iTl.jpg
1mkX8oIl.jpg
6h9XaI5l.jpg
NOTE: NAA UP THRU HUNDRED SERIES WIRING SAME EXCEPT RELAY & AMMETER. 600/800/'01 SERIES AND UP
ELIMINATED THE AMMETER AND REPLACED WITH A DASH IDIOT LAMP AND THE RELAY (SOLENOID) USED 4 WIRES

Tim Daley(MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back