Homerville
New User
My for 860 has the following symptoms. 1) Runs way too rich - black smoke is coming out of the exhaust 2) if the fuel valve is not off, fuel drips at a pretty good pace out the bottom of the carb regardless if it is running or not 3) runs real raspy and loud 4) the throttle does not slow of speed the tractor (the only way to slow it is to close the fuel valve some).
I know the problem is with the carb, but I am frustrated. It acts like it is getting so much fuel it is choking on it. And the tractor is drinking gas like never before. Is there a way to check the float to see if it has a leak. If not does any one have a suggestion to start to trouble shoot. Thanks.
I know the problem is with the carb, but I am frustrated. It acts like it is getting so much fuel it is choking on it. And the tractor is drinking gas like never before. Is there a way to check the float to see if it has a leak. If not does any one have a suggestion to start to trouble shoot. Thanks.