Ford 8830 power shift transmission problem

My ford 8830 transmission stops working every time I push in inching pedal but turn key off and back on and works again. Shows code p4 and then c7 after pedal is pushed. I've tried to calibrate it by service manual but can't figure it out. It worked fine before I took steering motor out to rebuild. It has codes h3 and h5 but that's because I need to replace speed sensors. Just got this tractor last year to take some of the work load off my 9700 so don't understand a lot about it yet.

I'm honing in on the fact that it worked fine before you pulled the steering motor out. Check all of the electrical connectors in that area closely to make sure they're firmly seated.

ok I took dash back apart to be sure I wasn't missing anything but found nothing apart. I did take test light and check power to pedal one plug barely lights the light. But wanted to make sure because switch starter wire has no power now. But still the same codes. I'm trying to finish planting with it but it rained today so got some time to try some other things if you got any more

I was talking about the wiring in the area of the steering motor outside the cab. There are multiple
harnesses that join up in that vicinity that are known problem areas. The fact that your starter circuit is
dead only strengthens my suspicions. Recheck all of those areas before jumping to any further conclusions.

The reason why your test light was so dim on the clutch pedal is because that sensor is only powered by 5
volts.

I checked those too but I'm not real sure what I'm doing anyway. When I said I took dash apart I was referring to the part around the steering motor in under dash. Is there any easier way to get to that wiring behind engine in front of cab

I'm confused. The steering motor is under and in front of the cab, not under the dash. All of the wiring I'm concerned about is OUTSIDE of the cab, not inside. In that area are harnesses that come together in circular connectors. Make sure all of those connectors are tight. Better yet, wiggle them while an assistant watches the dash and transmission displays to make sure they don't flicker.

I'm sorry I'm not good at explaining things by writing them out. Those are wiring I'm referring to. I tried to check them but can't get to them very well. I was meaning meaning I took cover out to get to the steering motor and tried looking checking wires that way too. I will check those connections again this morning. I appreciate the help

Don't drive a Genesis until you have the money to buy one, because once you do you'll never want to get back in to that 8830. The only thing the same between the two is the radiator cap and the Ford decals, and that's about it!

Is the 8830 mostly a TW machine with a few updates? Nothing wrong with the TW, I run my TW20 for decades and its running beside the 8970 this spring. But I do notice the wife -always- takes the 8970...... :)

Paul

the 8030 series has the series 2 cab that came out in the later tw5 series and you could get a power shift transmission. The 8830 is basically a tw35 with power shift transmission.

bern. I've checked wiring haven't found anything but I agree that's only thing that makes sense. I even unplugged and plugged connectors. I still have P4 code but I did figure out that I get C7 code when I push inching pedal in forward and C11 when I push pedal in reverse. Starter wire still doesn't work either. I'm at a loss. I really thought it was something in the wires the more I thought about it.

Did you find cause for transmission fault. My 8830 does exact same when pressing inching pedal have to turn key on and off to get transmission to work. Had TCM check by ag express an it’s fine

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back