Ford 8n PTO

codyh1066

New User
I have a ford 8n. I am having trouble with the pto shifting mechanism. It snaps on and off good but it wears the shift fork off really fast. just looking for some ideas.
 
I think Bob's right. Ya get a bent or twisted shaft. Drain your fluid and unbolt the pto shaft and slide'er out and have a look. Let us know what ya find.
 
I'll that if it is twisted.. you may have a hard time getting it out.

remove the 4 bolts fromthe back bearing carrier..If it won't come out after medium persuasion.. then you may have to remov ethe inspection ports and cut the shaft for and aft of the pump.. drop the pump, and then pull the back of the shaft out of the couple, and then drive the slug out of the pump.. carefull.. you can damage the pump..

then ys got to wash out the sump and zip her back up with a new paper gasket and no gasket goop... then get a new shaft assy with bearing carrier.. usually about 100$ or so these days..

post back on the ford n board if you have problems..

soundguy
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top