ford 960 remote hydro

backwoods

Member
Bought a 960 a couple months ago and am now getting it
ready to go to the hay field. Problem is someone put a one
way remote setup on it ( one hose ) and I need the two way
on it ( two hose ). Can this be changed to suit my needs. I
don't know how to post pics of it on here. My other tractors
are setup for the two way and all my equipment is setup the
same. Any help would be great.
 

This is what I have
a69504.jpg
 
I believe if you used the other port as your return or feed you will have a 2 way set up.I have a valve like that for the lift cylinder on a Arps blade that is used for snow it has up and down control off the lever.

HTH

Vito
 
I'm reverse engineering one of those valves now as
there are no manuals for it to be found.
What I've found so far, it'll be awhile before I confirm everything.

as pictured, your double-action valve has been converted to single action
by diverting the front output back into the return oil path.
If you remove the jumper, you can use both outputs.
up for one, down for the other
plug the jumper hole in the side.
originally, where your bypass goes into the side
of the valve, there was a small t-handle valve,
which I believe controlled the drop speed of the port
by restricting the return oil path.
screwing the t-handle all the way in would block the oil release
of the port allowing the cylinder to 'float'
Like I said, I just started trying to figure one out, so
these are best guesses.
Others with more hydraulic experience are welcome to
adjust my thinking.
 
Thanks vito I will try that. It will be 3 or 4 days I took the old pto shaft out to update it to standard 540 but they sent me the wrong one. Now I gotta wait on another one.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top