Ford 9N Sure Seal rear axle seals

Dads41

New User
Guess Im a bit confused! Once Sure Seal axle seals are installed on rear axle shafts, how does bearing get lube? Should they be packed with grease first? Didnt receive any install instructions with order and couldnt find any on line. Thanks

Specs call for short fiber wheel bearing grease. That being the type used for drum brakes. Hand pack and install the seal.
I used a 3', 3" ABS pipe section for an installation tool. Make sure your seals have a chamfered edge for easier installation.

Yes you grease the bearings and that is all the lube they get. I had a hard time with that also but think about car and trailer wheel bearings.

(quoted from post at 10:49:04 12/12/20) Specs call for short fiber wheel bearing grease. That being the type used for drum brakes. Hand pack and install the seal.
I used a 3', 3" ABS pipe section for an installation tool. Make sure your seals have a chamfered edge for easier installation.

Anything wrong with using marine grease used for boat trailers?

Thanks to all for your help and comments. Bearings greased with wheel bearing grease and seals installed. Put a good chamfer on leading edge, put
seals in freezer for an hour and used 3” pvc pipe to aid in install. Piece of cake! Thanks again.

"Just wondering, what contains the grease you packed into the bearing..."

You already know the answer... :wink:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back