Ford 9N thermostat.

toolguy

New User
Hello all, so I finally got around to putting in the missing thermostat on my 9N. My concern is , that after it has been warmed up, i see no churning in the upper tank of the radiator, and the temp of the incoming water is 240 degrees. New hoses, radiator and stat.. Block was rebuilt, so no blockages. I think that is too hot. Yes , thermostat is pointed in the right direction. Stat is of 'overseas ' manufacture, so that may be an issue? What do you think?

Hello all, so I finally got around to putting in the missing thermostat on my 9N. My concern is , that after it has been warmed up, i see no churning in the upper tank of the radiator, and the temp of the incoming water is 240 degrees. New hoses, radiator and stat.. Block was rebuilt, so no blockages. I think that is too hot. Yes , thermostat is pointed in the right direction. Stat is of 'overseas ' manufacture, so that may be an issue? What do you think?
Best way to know for sure is pull the thermostat out and do a test on your stove top and see when it opens up and that way you know

HiYa Guy- Welcome aboard the YT N-Board. be sure the Thermostat is installed correctly with pointed end towards radiator in upper hose. OEM system used a steel band to hold the Thermostat in place clamped on hose. New hose can come with one but not all suppliers are equal and everything is foreign made today anyway; it doesn't matter. Radiator capacity is 12 QTS but never fill with that much. Only top to level as advised. Also must use a fan belt tensioning bracket on GEN/ALT. Improper belt tension will cause failure to cooling and water pump as well as not charging the BAT.

Your Mileage May Vary,
Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• FORD 9N-8575 THERMOSTAT.jpg
    FORD 9N-8575 THERMOSTAT.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 12
  • BRUCE HAYNES - COOLING FORD N 1.jpg
    BRUCE HAYNES - COOLING FORD N 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back