Ford Industrial diesel crankshaft length?

Forum,
Finally completing installing a used 172 Ford Industrial diesel into a Pettibone log skidder this week. The replacement engine came out of a 900? series tractor. Problem is the cam gear end of crank protrudes farther forward than the original industrial engine. This is a problem because more space is needed to connect the front mounted hydraulic pump which operates the articulating steering on the skidder. Question is what will I find under the different cam cover on the 900 series engine, an extension or solid shaft and what should I do, move the pump forward or ?? Were there different length crankshafts or not, I hope not?
Hope this makes sense! Any and all thoughts are welcome!
Mr. T. Minnesota

Hello Mr T. Sounds like to me your Pettibone engine has a non Ford crankshaft in it. Do you have any pictures of that engine ? All Ford cranks
ar the same length the only difference being splined or keyed for pulleys or hubs. I have done skidders pavers sweepers skid steers air
compressors welders generators water pumps etc. etc and have never run into a problem like that yet. I have at least half a dozen Industrial
engines in the shop now gas and diesel in both 172 and192 sizes. You will need to post pictures and provide casting numbers off the block and probably the original crankshaft also. Thanks Tony

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back