ford jubalee

this tractor i thought it was a 6 volt positive ground but its got a 12 batt. to a negitive ground

any input

reason i am asking it still has a genarator

This post was edited by gcoleman55 on 05/28/2023 at 05:45 pm.

(quoted from post at 21:35:07 05/28/23) this tractor i thought it was a 6 volt positive ground but its got a 12 batt. to a negitive ground

any input

reason i am asking it still has a genarator

This post was edited by gcoleman55 on 05/28/2023 at 05:45 pm.

strange 12 volt conversion. i'd get an alternator and finish the job. the generator won't do your 12 volt battery a lot of good. our hosts here sell the conversion kit. it sounds like a PO may have missed a step or three.

I have 2 Jubilees, one is original 6 volt ,other is 12 volt. I did not like an alternator so I had a generator rebuilt as a 12 volt unit. Looks good and after 15 or so years works great.So I would not just replace what is there, put a meter on it and see if it is charging first.

System GEN will run on 6V/POS GRN or 12V NEG GRN but, it must be wired for correct polarization. Normally the GEN will be set upon rebuild for either or by the shop
rebuilder. Polarizing can be done using your VR too but you must know which circuit you are using. There is an A Circuit and a B Circuit. It's very important to
know which is which. Polarizing the wrong way will result in a fried VR. Unless you have the first early 9N small GEN using a VR and the B Circuit, all GENS after
1940 used an A Circuit GEN. With the NAA came the B Circuit Design using a new VR as well, and all after remained as such. Yes, FORD wired the new diesel models
as 12V/NEG GRN and used a VR as well. If'N it were me, and I had a 12V battery, I'd opt to go all the way and install a Delco-Remy 10SI ALTERNATOR and eschew the
original GEN and VR. With this setup, and keeping the OEM 6V coil, you need to add an inline externa 1-OHM Resistor in the coil circuit to meet specs. By swapping out
to a 12V verified coil, you eliminate the need for an added external resistor. 12V has advantages - faster starting, good for a worn engine, brighter lights, and can
run 12V equipment like your old Pioneer Super-Tuner 8-Track Player. When going to 12V any 6V lamps must be changed out to 12V Lamps or elSe at power up you will blow
the 6V lamps. FYI: 6V Sealed Beam Lamps = Industry Standard 4019; 12V Industry Standard Sealed Beam Lamps = 4419. PICTOGRAMS shown using the DELCO 10SI ALTERNATOR, a
1-WIRE, RELIABLE AND PROVEN EFFECTIVE device ford FORD Tractor conversions.

cGeQri3l.jpg

7QIso80l.jpg

HPMPTrnl.jpg

SEZCrTZl.jpg

NAA 12V Wiring:
3XguzBIl.jpg
NOTE: Shown if using a 12V Coil.

NAA 12V WIRING if using the 6V COIL; NEED THE INLINE EXTERNAL 1-OHM RESISTOR ADDITION.
2KkQjBal.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

(quoted from post at 19:36:11 05/28/23) Ford made a 12v negative ground generator for the diesel tractors.
So now we need to know is the battery being charged.
If yes there is no problem.
If no sounds like someone did a half way conversion because it would not start on 6 volts.

but it does start and run i was thinking the starter was getting bad it growles alot

it runs ok starter i think is getting back makes noises, it has a voltage reg put on it it does charge battery according to the amp. meter around 12

was concered about the positive ground this is neg. grounded

(quoted from post at 09:52:10 05/29/23) it runs ok starter i think is getting back makes noises, it has a voltage reg put on it it does charge battery according to the amp. meter around 12

was concered about the positive ground this is neg. grounded

don't worry about that. if the change in grounding were a problem, i'm pretty sure your tractor wouldn't run at all.

my apologies for not considering the generator could be 12 volts. rather than checking amperage, i would want to know what *voltage* the generator is putting out. do you have an analog meter to check that voltage with?

This post was edited by HFJ on 05/29/2023 at 07:53 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back