Ford jubilee

First, get a copy of the Operators Manual. Then, if you plan to do more than routine maintenance on it, get the Service Manual as well.

How much do you know about tractors in general, and what do you plan to do with it? The answer to those questions will help us know what additional information you might need to know.

Welcome aboard the wonderful world of Ford Tractors. Are you familiar with tractors? Any prior experience with Fords? Regardless if you're a newbie or an oldie, the best investment you can make for your tractor is to get copies of the Essential Owner/Operator/Parts and Service Manuals. Read religiously first. Avoid yanking off parts willy-nilly without first performing true root cause problem solving methods. Major components can and should always be rebuilt first and leave the Chi-Comm made junk in Asia. There is much to know before you turn that key. First is if the electrical system is the OEM 6V/POS GRN setup or has someone done a 12V/NEG GRN switcheroo, or an EI job. Whatever system you have, better ensure the entire wiring is correct. There are differences and but one, maybe two correct ways to wire each setup and a hundred and one incorrect ways folks attempt with their own ideas. Manuals have all the main part systems and how to R&R them. Plus, there is info on the safety procedures and PM schedules. Here is what you need:

ORIGINAL NAA TRACTOR OWNER/OPERATOR'S MANUAL:
OFrxMqfl.jpg

FORD TRACTOR 53-59 MPC (MASTER PARTS CATALOG):
EKH4rn6l.jpg

I&T F0-20 SERVICE MANUAL:
bB8QyZCl.jpg
*NOTE: The I&T FO-19 Manuals is specific for the NAA/Jubilee but theer are not many pages in it. Disappointing. Better to get the FO-20 Manual.

WIRING PICTOGRAMS by JMOR, NAA 6 & 12V:
1mkX8oIl.jpg
3XguzBIl.jpg

USE COMMON SENSE:
g9131CIl.jpg

FYI: If you are not familiar with the NAA, the model was released in September, 1952 as the next module in line for the Ford Tractor and was a totally revamped unit than the previous N-Series module. It would be the new, 1953 Tractor and was called The Jubilee to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of FoMoCo; 1903-1953. It used the new 134 CID OHV Red Tiger 4-CYL engine. It was much better design than the previous Flat Head 4-CYL engine. There were also other systems like steering and hydraulics that also were improved. The NAA was used for two years, 1953 to 1954, but only the 1953 Model was labelled The Jubilee. Only the '53 NAA had a special nose emblem with GOLDEN JUBILEE on it, the 54 NAA was plain but never use the nose cone as an absolute identifier, go by engine serial number. From 1954 til 1962 the Hundred Series Models, 500, 600, 700, 800, and 900, were then used. ALL Ford Tractors used the basic 6-VOLT/POSITIVE GROUND electrical system until the late 1950's when they introduced the diesel models with a 12V GEN. If you want to discuss more details, my email is open -see RH corner. There are no FORD Manuals that detail a 12V conversion because they didn't exist til 1959 as I said so no gas models with 12V prior to then. There are few guys who did good sketches for 12v, JMOR did his WIRING PICTOGRAMS. A few others are out there but they are wrong.

1953 FORD NAA JUBILEE nose cone:
crDrXDCl.jpg

1954 Nose Cone:
SlHCj4Kl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

That I&T FO-20 manual that Tmi posted a photo of is for the hundred series Ford tractors You need the I&T FO19 for the Jubilee.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back