Lynerd

Member
Location
NE OK
I found a tool box full of tools today and bought them all. Got home and sorted some of them out. Found some Ford tools and I would like some help as what they were used for. Lynn
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0878.jpeg
    IMG_0878.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I'm assuming the 9N one came factory with the 9N tractor.
That tool is commonly called a plow gauge was used to measure the plow depth. It was sized to fit a lot of the bolts on the N tractors. Although it kept the 9N part number, it also came with an 8N. Not sure if it was issued with the 2N since that during the war. There was a set of Ford branded tools that came with an 8N https://fordtractorcollectors.com/tool-kit/ Also some tools came with The Model T & A also come with a Ford branded tool kit. I have most of an incomplete set on my 8N.
 
I recognize some that came with my Model T Ford. Couldn’t tell you what they were for— plenty of things broke, but I used modern tools to fix.
 
That tool is commonly called a plow gauge was used to measure the plow depth. It was sized to fit a lot of the bolts on the N tractors. Although it kept the 9N part number, it also came with an 8N. Not sure if it was issued with the 2N since that during the war. There was a set of Ford branded tools that came with an 8N https://fordtractorcollectors.com/tool-kit/ Also some tools came with The Model T & A also come with a Ford branded tool kit. I have most of an incomplete set on my 8N.
Sorry! My bad.
Didn't realize Ford didn't change the part number.
 
Thank you all. Lynn
That tool is commonly called a plow gauge was used to measure the plow depth. It was sized to fit a lot of the bolts on the N tractors. Although it kept the 9N part number, it also came with an 8N. Not sure if it was issued with the 2N since that during the war. There was a set of Ford branded tools that came with an 8N https://fordtractorcollectors.com/tool-kit/ Also some tools came with The Model T & A also come with a Ford branded tool kit. I have most of an incomplete set on my 8N.
Tony in SD That link showed some of the tools that I have. The kit had the 17017B. The third tool down doesn't have the B. Got 2 wrenches and took a photo of one to put on the other thread of new tools I found. Put the other one on here tomorrow. Lynn
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-04 at 5.48.11 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2026-10-04 at 5.48.11 PM.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top