Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I just bought an older YT 16, from it's original owner. He used it up til last year (mid summer) and parked it. It sat until I bought it 2 weeks ago or so. It runs like a champ, and has plenty of power, but when I try to engage the mower deck, it just dies. Kind of like you just turned off the key. I think it's some kind of trouble in the electrical system but I don't want to go tearing into it unless I have some kind of idea what is going on in there. The belts are all new, and are at the right tension, so it has to be electrical. Anyone else out there had this problem? Please help me!
 
May sound silly or redundant, but are you sitting in the seat when you engage the mower? Most mowers have a safety switch to prevent running unless operator is in the seat... Gene
 
Just a guess.. but it might be one of the safety switches are bad. How to check is to take a jumper wire and unplut the switch. Jump it with wire to by pass it. If this takes care of problem then you know what to do.
Also besure you don't have a pully freezing up when engaging. I had this happen and it would stop the motor each time.
 
Gene.. that is right to. I was off to side and messing with motor. Tried to start it and no go. Set there a bit ticked at mower and it come to me. hee heee Silly sat on the seat! Well to make a long story short. That switch was bypassed shortly after. lol have a good evening.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top