ford6610 S pto boke

gillboy

New User
PTO ON FORD 6610 S TRACTOR HAS SHEERED OFF. WE PULLED THE PTO COVER AND GOT FRONT PART OUT. THE BACK HALF OF PTO FELL INTO REAR HOUSING OF
TRACTOR. WE PULLED THE LIFT PLATE ON TOP OF TRACTOR UNDER SEAT. AND WE PULLED THE PLATE ON LEFT SIDE OF TRACTOR. THE PIECE IS NOT IN THERE.
THERE IS A SECTION WITH GEAR JUST PAST THIS GOING TOWARD THE REAR OF TRACTOR. IT IS IN THIS AREA. WE HAVE TRIED MAGNETS CANNOT GET. IS THERE
ANYWAY TO GET WITHOUT PULLING THE WHEEL AND HOUSING. IF WE HAVE TO PULL WHEEL CAN WE GET TO IT BY PULLING THE WHEEL AND HUB ON LEFT SIDE OF
TRACTOR(WHILE WE ARE FACING SAME WAY AS TRACTOR) CAUSE THE RIGHT SIDE HAS ALL TYPE OF GEARS. NO WE DO NOT HAVE A MANUAL FOR 6610 S TRACTOR.
WE DO OTHER MODELS BUT NOT THIS ONE.

This calls for some fishing! How good/lucky are you?
Have you drained the lube out of the housing?
You could try a small steel cable like a bicycle brake cable and put a noose on the end.
Use a phone/tablet camera (amateur proctoscope) to guide it.
If there is not enough room to do this, further parts removal will be needed.

I'm guessing it would take a pretty stout magnet to make a shaft of that size to move or be lifted much. With the lid off the top you should be able to just reach down in there to feel it then work from there. Might use a pry or something to feel if it moves to find it. Might also tie a heavy cord to that pry so it doesn't fall prey to that also.

There are 2 ways to get it out. Remove cover behind rocker, remove gear and shaft. Reach down in, find cotterpin,staiten bent end, pull out, useing cut off 1 1/4 open end wrench and turning shaft. dont lose nut. The other way is pull RH axle hsg.

(quoted from post at 20:35:06 08/02/23) i m new this form don t know what I m doing but I have a Ford 9600 it has 1000 RPMPTO shaft how do I change it to 540 RPMPTO shop???

You need to get the other shaft and swap it out. From the Messick's parts pages it looks like it may be NLA, but you would think that it would be because the same pair of shafts was used in many different models. You may get it from a salvage yard. You should post this on the Ford Forum instead of the "tractor talk" forum. Scroll down and you will see it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back